With the foundations of the company based on quality control and customer service, D. & D. Smith quickly received Accreditation Standard ISO9001:2000. Armed with this, the company soon established a solid customer base which has increased dramatically since.
Some of the areas D. & D. Smith service include:
- General Engineering
- Metal Stamping & Toolmaking
- Building & Construction
- Department of Defence
- Consumer Products
We pride ourselves in having one of the best equipped metal pressing and steel stamping facilities in the Australia region. Our facility is equipped with 20 presses ranging from 15 tonne to 400 tonne capacity and is capable of mass production of coils up to 10mm thick and flat bars up to 30mm thick. Other facilities include coil straightening and feed lines, CNC machinery, rumbling equipment.
We have 5 axis CNC Bending and Laser Cutting facilities up to 25mm thick.
The company also has its own toolmaking facility for the design and manufacture of new tools, repair and maintenance of existing tools.
With EDM Wire Cutting Facilities
All processes are contained in-house in our facility located in the suburb of Padstow, N.S.W, Australia.
Other equipment includes:
- CAD/CAM facilities for intricate die manufacture
- Wire cutting machines
- Precision tool room for manufacture, repair and maintenance of dies
- Precision measuring equipment
- CNC machinery for machining pressed metal items
- Laser cutting enables us to make any shape or profile in any volume
- CNC breakpress enable us to produce CNC folding
All products are subject to strict quality control using various precision measuring equipment. From this stage they can be packed and delivered to suit your needs.